Garmin GPS devices depend on software and map information to deliver accurate guidance and positioning information to users. To ensure that your Garmin has the most up-to-date software upgrades and maps, use the Garmin WebUpdater feasibility. The WebUpdater application automatically searches for updates and additional maps for your device, downloads the necessary files and installs them directly to your system for free.
To download WebUpdater, follow these steps-
- Open your internet browser and go to the WebUpdater download page. Click the “Download” button to download the application to your computer system.
- Connect one end of the USB cable into a port on your computer and insert the other end into your GPS device.
- Go on the “Start” menu and select “All Programs.” Open the “Garmin” folder and click the “WebUpdater” entry.
- Choose your GPS device in the WebUpdater interface that opens and the utility will search for upgrades to your Garmin device. Confirm that you want to update or upgrade your software and the utility will upgrade the Garmin GPS Map Update. Wait for some moment for the process complete before disconnecting your Garmin device.
You need to register your product to Garmin for the Garmin GPS Map Update. To register your product on Garmi, follow these steps as given below-
- Connect your Garmin device to the computer with the appropriate USB data cable.
- Open Garmin Express.
- When a new device is connected, a message prompting you to add a device should appear. If this message does not appear, click Add a Device.
- When Express recognizes your connected device, click ‘Add Device’
- In the box on this screen, enter the email address which you would like your device to be registered under. If you have an existing Garmin account, it is recommended to use the same email address you used to create that account so that your device appears in your list of registered products
- Enter a nickname for this device.
- Click Next
- Click Yes or No to agree or disagree with anonymous data collection, if prompted.
Your device is now registered.
After the installation, select “Eject” to safely disconnect your device and unplug the USB cable. Once your device unplugged, simply install your GPS back in your desired vehicle and rest assured your directions will (hopefully) be accurate.
How to update Garmin Map
For the Garmin Map Updates, use the Garmin Express application. Through the Garmin Express, you can easily update the Garmin Map whenever they are available. From the Garmin website, you can easily download the software.
- To start the process of updating Garmin Map, Connect your Garmin device to the computer with the appropriate USB data cable.
- After this, the Garmin device will show the Garmin logo and indicates that your device is now connected.
- Occasionally, the system requires rebooting before installing the new Garmin Map Updates.
- After the rebooting gets completed, then double click on the Garmin Agent icon in the computer system.
- The available Garmin Map Updates will appear on the screen.
- The users can also watch the firmware Garmin GPS Map update.
- According to your requirement, select the Garmin Map update package.
- Once user selecting the map, the user will be redirected to the Garmin Map download page showing the product key for the Garmin GPS Map update.
- Now chick on the download button and download the latest available Garmin software update for the device.
- Now, install the latest Garmin GPS update available for the device.
- After this, unplug the cable and disconnect the device from the system.
Using the above steps, you can successfully update your Garmin software. Now, you can start using the application and enhance your experience.
You can purchase Map Update through the Garmin GPS update site or by using the Garmin updating application mentioned above.
North American Map Regions
On updating a map, Garmin Express may prompt you to install a map region to your device. We suggest that you use a compatible SD card when installing the maps with your device to receive the largest map region possible.
Whenever you purchasing or receiving a map update, unless otherwise stated, the updates you receive under the subscription will update the same geographic area included with your Garmin product when originally purchased. In that case, some of the regions may not be available since they include states, provinces, and/or areas that were not originally pre-loaded to your device. To see what mapping was reloaded on your device, go to the Support Center, and enter the Product Name or Serial Number of your device. Once your device is selected, click Other and search for “What Maps are Reloaded on my Automotive Device?”
To purchase other region or country maps for your automotive device go to visit Garmin GPS update Online Store. To find information on changing the selected map region for your automotive device use this link: Reinstall or Change Map on an Automotive Device.