There are a number of methods you can undergo to update your Garmin GPS as well as maps because it totally relies on software and the instructional guide that users find accurate fir themselves. With the help of Garmin GPS or maps you can easily find out the directions of remote locations and places far away. Reaching the destination becomes easier when you keep on doing Garmin GPS update.
This also comes handy when you cannot trust a person for guiding you on the road. Hence, this guide shall prove to be helpful for doing Garmin update. Here, we shall discuss four most common methods of doing so and one of them shall definitely work right for you. Learning how to update Garmin GPS will let you never miss out on an update.
How to update Garmin GPS via Garmin Express
- First, open your preferred web browser and reach the official website of Garmin Express.
- When the official webpage opens, you will see the ‘Download’ option in the mid section.
- Click on this button to begin downloading the set up file. This file can be downloaded on Mac as well as Windows.
- Now, its time to install the Garmin Express file which varies of Windows and Mac.
- If you are a Windows user:
- Go to the Downloads folder
- Click on the setup file
- Follow the installation prompts
- Check the box ‘I have read the terms and conditions’
- Click ‘Install’ and then click ‘Yes’
- If you are a Mac user:
- First, you need to open the Garmin express DMG file
- Move the app icon to the ‘Applications’ folder
- After installing the Garmin GPS update set up file, connect your Garmin device to the computer via a USB port.
- If the process was successful, you will see the Garmin logo on your screen.
- Now, tap on the app icon> get started> Add a device>.
- Follow some instructions and select ‘Install all’ to install the latest updates.
This is how you install Garmin updates.
How do I do Garmin map update?
There is a Garmin Express software that allows you to install the latest map and software updates on your device. When you undergo the process of Garmin GPS update or Garmin map update, you can easily get your hands on the latest mapping data. This allows your device to calculate accurate the routes on the road accurately so that reaching the destination becomes easier. Sadly, it is only available for Windows and Mac operating systems but not for other operating systems.
- Using a preferred web browser, go to Garmin.com/express.
- Now, select;
- Download for Windows
- Or, select ‘Mac version’
- Now, the file will get downloaded on your device which you need to open.
- On the screen, you will some instructions which you need to complete.
- To start Garmin Express, connect the device to the computer with the help of a USB port.
- Now, the software will detect your device.
- Further, you need to enter your email address.
- Next, click on the Save device option.
- Now, select ‘Check for updates’
- When you see the list of available updates, click ‘Install Now’.
The Garmin map updater shall download and install the latest updates on your device. If you have chosen to update maps, then it will take longer than usual to update if you are running on a slower Internet connection.
Method 2 for Garmin Map update
GPS or Global Positioning System unit, if placed in your car can make your driving a hurdle-free experience. This is because when you have to reach an unknown destination, it makes your driving as simple as going to a known place.
It determines the exact position with the help of GPS satellites present in it. There are also some pre-existing locations stored in it that lets you know about the places of your interest that are situated nearby. Its provides you with an accurate mapping system so that you do not get lost on your way. So if you are wondering how to update Garmin GPS, then continue reading these instructions further. You can always do it for free and should install the updates as soon as they roll out.
Step 1:- First of all, take a USB cable and use it to connect your Garmin device and the computer.
Step 2:- Now, from a web browser, navigate to the ‘Garmin Find Map Updates’ page.
Step 3 :- Further, you need to select “Automotive” and then click on the “Download Map Updater” option.
Step 4 :- It’s time to save the downloaded file to your desktop. (Note: If you do not see the Download button, unfortunately your device is not eligible for free updates from Garmin.)
Step 5 :- Next, you have to double-click on the downloaded file to begin the installation of Garmin map updater. (Note: you may need to update the .NET Framework before continuing with the next step.)
Step 6 :- Then, click the option reading as “Search for device” once the app gets downloaded.
Step 7 :- After reviewing the disclaimer, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
Step 8 :- Select the desired option for Garmin map update. (Note: If you see a map update for purchase is available, then you are not eligible for free updates.)
Step 9 :- Click ‘Continue’ when you see the next prompt.
Step 10 :- Do not unplug the device during the Garmin GPS update process.
You might need to wait for several hours until the installation gets complete. As soon as you finish downloading the updates, you can start using Garmin services for making your life easier.